I Love Ubuntu after Fedora it is my preferred OS who live in my personal Laptop. Today I was trying to install Oracle Virtualbox in my Laptop during building initrd image I start getting boot partition full error on screen.
Also in apt-get installation screen I got below error message due to no space left in /boot partition:
So for remediating this problem I followed below steps:
- First of all check the current kernel version.
- Check the installed kernels through this command:
dpkg --list 'linux-image*' | grep ^ii
- Delete the old and unused kernel which you don’t want to use it:
sudo apt-get remove linux-image-<version>
Where <version> will be the version of unused old kernel.
- After old kernel deletion update the grub by running below command. This below command will regenerate updated Grub2 configuration file.
7,733 total views, 1 views today
- How to manage the Apache logs with the help of Linux logrotation utility - September 18, 2022
- SAPCONF5: Upgrading managing and addressing high swapping issue in SAP HANA server - August 15, 2022
- RHEL 7 / CentOS 7 boot problem after P2V by using VMware converter - August 14, 2022